Tuesday, September 30, 2008

7 Month Sabbatical

Well, I haven't blogged in 7 months. That is a long time. Since I last blogged here are some things that have happened: turned 21
finished my third year of college
worked my second summer at Camp Galilee
moved into the dorms at Lindenwood-started my senior year

Yes, I live on campus now..for the first time..as a senior. How's it going? Well, it's going. My roommate is polite and quiet. The food is VERY similar to camp food...bland and very appealing to 12 year olds. The people on my floor and in my classes are very into doing there own thing. A lot of people don't seem to have a desire to make new friends. I don't quite get it. When I'm walking down the hall of my dorm, on my way to my room and I pass someone, they don't even look up to smile or say a friendly "hello". I find this a bit odd. To make a long story short, dorm life is not all it's cracked up to be. I know that part of this is because I've only been at Lindenwood for two semesters, not 4 years. I realize this. But, when my friends who have graduated talk about how much they miss college, I can't quite understand why. I just won't have that "classic college experience" and I'm realizing that I am all right with that. I'm glad that I haven't had the best time of my life yet. That means I have a lot to look forward to...like getting a job and making a difference. My degree is completely centered around service and making a difference and I can't help but count down the months until I graduate and begin the job search.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

:o)

Thanks. I liked it.